Friday, August 20, 2010

Playing with Paint

The Something Completely Different Challenge Blog is continuing its "torso" theme this month, and this week's challenge is black and red.  Well, here's my totally awesome Michael DeMeng-inspired entry! I blogged yesterday about DeMeng's cool new app (for ipad or ipod) which gives fabulous recipes for mixing Golden paint washes.  I couldn't resist stealing away to the studio today to play with paint.  Here's some color samples I made:
The colors in the top row are oil slick, ushzz, serial killer red. In the bottom row are fire water, jelly brain and undead red.  The torso ATC above is made on undead red.
I also decided that Michael, former bartender, needed to get plastered (so to speak).  I experimented with fire water on plaster and the result was spectacular (IMHO):
Not sure what I'm going to do with the samples or the big plaster sheet, but I'll be sure to share what I do.  In the meantime, I'm also submitting this to the for the Gingersnap Creations Supply Challenge (Paint). I just read the rules, and you can submit more than one thing, which is great because I was having trouble deciding whether this was better than this flag mini-album I posted earlier.  Anyway, it was so much fun to play today! My wish for you is that you get a chance to enjoy some creative play this weekend.

18 comments:

Artyjen said...

Fab-u-lous texture on your torso! Thanks for sharing your great backgrounds too. It's great you could play along this week with SCD.
The app sounds great...'tis a pity I don't have anything to put an app on!! LOL
xoxo Sioux

helena said...

wonderful colours - love the plaster sheet, sure you will do something stunning with it.

Amy said...

Yes - they are spectacular!

scrappyjacky said...

Stunning colour effects....and love what you've done with the torso.

Yvonne said...

WOW, ghoulishly gorgeous!

Laura said...

Oooh I love all these painty effects. I want!!! Fantastic make and you have achieved a really scary image! The background works so well with it.Thanks for playing again at SCD

humel said...

OH!! I love your samples!! Oh my gosh, these are stunningly gorgeous :-)

debs14 said...

Absolutely lovely - all of it! You really are very clever at doing things like this. You must be thrilled with the results!

MonicaB said...

Love the colors with the skeleton! Makes me want to play with some Halloween stamps.

Heather said...

Oh, this is a great-looking torso -love Michael de Meng's style, so this really appeals to me! Heather x

Anonymous said...

Marvelously spooky! Love all your backgrounds!

Carol Plume said...

love the background on your torso - great texture.
Thank you for joining us at SCD this week.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

they all look gorgeous!

Janet said...

the background is fantastic, really spooky torso, i love it
Janet x

donna said...

All of these backgrounds are fantastic! The blue green is my favorite. I need some of that stuff. I love your skeleton guy too!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great torso, fantastic idea, wonderful background.

Neet said...

I adore Michael de Meng too - love your torso - I just want to touch it it looks so textural.

Anonymous said...

Breathtaking, Rinda! I love the backgrounds you created - you're going to have fun playing with them.