Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Dear House"

The writing expert featured in Shimelle's new class suggested writing a letter to an inanimate object. I wrote the following letter to my house.
Dear House,
Are you built on some mysterious spot that causes strange weather phenomena to occur within your walls?  Are there small volcanoes which erupt in the floor spewing debris about for me to clean up? Do small geysers exist in the children's dressers causing clothes to gush out and overflow the drawers, cascading to the floor?  Are there tsunami winds which blow papers all over the counters or small tornadoes knocking every remote, telephone and adapter onto the floor?
How else do you explain the mess which greets me each morning? I know I tied you up yesterday!
Regards,
Mortgage Owner

16 comments:

Tracy said...

Are you sure you dont live next to me? Sounds just like my house.

JO SOWERBY said...

i love this post and letter. my house is exactly the same darling.
Jo xxxx

Anonymous said...

lol in our house it is little elves that make the mess:)

debs14 said...

What a great letter! I hope the house feels suitably ashamed for disturbing the pristine manner in which you leave it when you go to bed at night ;-)

laurie said...

ha! i didn't realize it was just weather i was experiencing in my house. thanks for shedding some light on, which i'm sure is, a common phenomenon!

Sian said...

LOL!

Unknown said...

Great letter - sounds just like my house too!

Sarah said...

this is brilliant. I'm sure most family homes are like that, I know ours was when I was growing up x

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds just like mine as well....must be a world wide phenomena!!

Melissa said...

Your letter made me laugh and your page is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

humel said...

So, so true..... And a lovely page! xx

Becky said...

That's a wonderful letter - love it :)

Ginger said...

Oh I love your design! So pretty! Your letter made my laugh! Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful page! I really love the journaling, it made me smile. I definitely think my apartment has tsunami winds. It's the only plausible explanation. :)

nancy y said...

love it!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!