Sunday, October 10, 2010

Quilted Paper Halloween Alice

I am so in awe of any of you who quilt!  The current Blue Moon Challenge at Gingersnap Creations is to be inspired by quilt blocks to create a project.  I decided this would be a perfect way to use more of the yummy Graphic 45 Halloween in Wonderland paper pack I bought.  I used the Aunt Dinah square from McCall's Quilting, which you can see here.  It was lots of fun to cut out the pieces, see the whole thing come together and then add a few bigger visuals.  But it was much harder than I thought! And the whole thing is still not really square.  But, still, it's a fun challenge if you want to give it a go!
And ,while I was at it, I made his Halloweeny birthday card for my niece who was born in October, in response to this week's Something Completely Different challenge to use purple and green:
I'll add a birthday greeting on the front before I send it off!

11 comments:

debs14 said...

Using paper for patchwork - what a great idea, how inventive! Looks fab. I really like those Alice papers.
When I see all your halloween inspired work, I kind of wish we made more of it over here in the UK but it's not that big over here.

Artyjen said...

Thanks for joining in the colour challenge at SCD this week...those papers are fab aren't they? :) The quilted block looks fab
xoxo Sioux

Amy said...

I like patchwork as well, you have done a great job!

scrappyjacky said...

Love the quilted paper Alice...so effective...wonderful colours...and that would look perfect as a real quilt as well.

Anonymous said...

Love the paper choices here; I find real quilting to be a challenge. Years ago I made quite a few cards with this technique, but haven't thought of it in a long time. Perfect for fall & winter cards!

Sian said...

A Halloween birthday card is a cool idea! I'm loving what you've been doing with those Alice papers - they seem to have really inspired you.

Unknown said...

What a great idea to have a B'day card I bet she loves it and I really like the quilting you have done too! Thank you for playing with the SCD team this week


Love Dawn xx

humel said...

Wow, very effective - worth the time and effort! xx

laurie said...

such a cool and cozy looking "quilt" - makes me want to crawl under it and take a nap. ha! isn't this a fun month with both fall and halloween?!!?

Denise said...

I love this, what a great idea, those Alice papers are gorgeous aren't they ? I love what you have done with them x

Laura said...

These papers are fabulous. Love how you have used them for the purple and green challenge.