Monday, January 24, 2011

Quick Thank-You Cards & A Reminder

I make a lot fewer cards than I used to make.  I have so many things on my artistic plate that cards seems to have been left behind on the buffet line.  And I'm okay with that for now.  But today I needed some thank-you cards for vendors, parents and community members who helped out with a soccer event we held over the weekend.  So, I pulled out a set of Hampton Arts acrylic stamps and a "greeting to go" pack from Club Scrap (basically pre-cut, pre-scored card blanks and mats) and proceeded to make up a set of thank-you cards.  It was fun, and I'm glad that I was able to do it.  But, truthfully, it didn't reignite any card making muse. And card making will remain off my plate for the most part in the near future, I think.  What about you?  Are there things you used to do that don't really call to you anymore?
And the reminder . . . I'll be pulling the recipient for pass the book tomorrow, so if you're interested in Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book, go to this link and let me know!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

nice images a very clean look lovely x

laurie said...

you seem to have the perfect rubber stamp for every occasion! i used to make lots of cards but, like you, have so many other things i enjoy doing now.

Anonymous said...

Card making remains my first love. Recently I've been able to balance card making, scrapbooking, and photography pretty well, but it usually doesn't last long and one will fall by the wayside for a while. I'm happiest, though, when I do some of all three.

scrappyjacky said...

Like Karen I like working at a variety of crafts....but tend to find one often 'takes over' and the others take a back seat for awhile....before another one takes to the fore.
I used to cross stitch a lot when watching TV....I rarely do that now [cross stitch or TV!!]....I used to knit years ago...and that I do want to return to this year.

nancy y said...

card making remains my #1 - somehow if I've been working on other things I'm drawn back to making cards! ATCs have lost it for me for awhile, I've been in so many ATC swaps that I'm really burnt out on them. Perhaps if I just made some for myself it would be different?