Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fast and Simple Scrapbook Pages

Recently, I mentioned that I scrapped 15 pages at an all-day crop and shared a bit about my scrapbooking process.  Today, I thought I'd share some of those pages.  The page up top is a fairly typical page . . . quality paper from Club Scrap, 4 pictures arranged in a very linear way, a journaling block and a few embellishments.  Most of the time, I scrap in double page spreads.  Here are the two I did with fall pumpkin patch pictures:
My Fourth of July pictures:
And layouts from DD Clara in Junior Lifeguards:
You can see they are all very simple, but they are done!  You can click on any of them to enlarge them and see more details. 
I also mentioned that sometimes I start with blank layouts and then find pictures that work.  Here's an example of that type of layout:
The layout started with the background papers (beige an blue), plus the dark green paper strips and blue and green photo mats.  These six pictures I had from our summer vacation matched the color and feel of the blank layout.  I found a stamped dragon fly border and embellies in my stash from some sort of page element swap, which I thought completed the page well.
So, there you have it!  I think my favorite page is the fireworks page, although I am also quite partial to the last layout as well.  What about you? Do you have a favorite?

12 comments:

Amy said...

Oh well done, I think when you start with the base of a grid it all follows nicely from there. I love you colour choices for these too - excellent!

Sian said...

I think maybe I like the colours in the last one the most - but how could I possibly choose? Each page is full of good things to look at!

debs14 said...

I think my favourite is the last one too - but there is so much to choose from, what a busy, productive scrapbook day you had. I love the grid layout when you are using several pictures.

Mariangeles M said...

OMG!!! Those are great LOs!!!!

Heather said...

They are all so great I couldn't possibly choose! Well done :) A great way to get a series of photos done together xx

scrappyjacky said...

I love how the colours pull each page together. My favourite is the last one....love the colours, the embellishment and how you've done the title.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

They're all great pages, Rinda, but I really love the final one with the beach photos! Congrats on completing so many layouts.

Cheri said...

I vote for the last one! Maybe just cause I'm so partial to the beach?

Capescrapper said...

Super pages Rinda! My favorite is the last one because I just love dragonflies and torn paper!

Lizzie said...

I think it's clever to use the same basic set-up, so you know what you're doing; it certainly gets the pages made and is so much nicer than leaving the photos all in a wallet, gathering dust in a cupboard!
I like the firework pages too - the splashes of light/paint (?) on the background are good and make the photos stand out well.
I also love the last pair of pages, with the holiday photos. It is pretty.

Denise said...

I think my favourite is the last one.You really have made some lovely pages there.Like you say, done and they are there all ready! Lovely :-)

Anonymous said...

Being a fan of linear designs, I'm liking all of these, but if I had to pick, I'd choose the last one as my favorite.