Friday, April 22, 2011

Turning Art into Cards

Sorry to have been away for a bit - real life has been very busy! I've received some nice things in the mail recently and when hunting around for a thank-you card in my stash, I came across a package of postcards I had made from some ATC's.  These got me thinking about the various services that will turn your art into cards or postcards.
I made these at www.moo.com several years ago, when I was considering the same thing. Moo offers a variety of sizes, and the quality was fine, especially given the relatively low price.  I think they took a long time to receive because of the company's location.
Recently, as part of a Japan fund raiser, I ordered some post cards featuring photography from Tammy Lee Bradley from Red Bubble. I was very impressed with the quality, cost and turn around time.  Then, I saw this article on the Digital Photography School blog about them. 
I'm thinking about putting some of my art up on their site. Before I do, I was wondering if any of you have experience with any other sites that turn your photography or artwork into cards. I'd love feedback or advice.

5 comments:

Ginger said...

I love these Rinda! I especially like the Mexi-cali Gypsy. So much fun. I have no feedback for you about your question. I have never thought of this before, but I look forward to hearing what you find out :)

Carola Bartz said...

Gosh, I love these cards, they are gorgeous. The only time I made cards (folded cards, not postcards) was with Shutterfly - they're not cheap, but I was super happy with the outcome and I received my cards really fast.

Sian said...

No, no experience here but I'm very much looking forward to hearing what you find out. Hope you and yours all have a great Easter!

scrappyjacky said...

No experience here either....but have heard others praise moo as well.
Happy Easter to you and yours....though it doesn't feel like Easter here....it feels like the tropics!!!

Anonymous said...

I've also heard lots of praise about moo, and know a couple local photographers who use Red Bubble and like it very much.