Sunday, April 10, 2011

Venice Collage #3

I started this collage a long time ago in a crackle paste class.  Last week, I pulled it out of my unfinished projects bag, took it to my studio and painted it.  I added a few embellishments, and I now declare it done!  It's the third in a series of texture collages that feature photographs I took in Venice.  You can see the other two in this post.  I might do one more in the Series, but we'll see.  I definitely want to do one more in my Paris series, so I'll probably turn to that one first. 
I'm also submitting it to the Gingersnap Creations Challenge Blog for the Once in a Blue Moon Challenge, which is accepting entries based on any of their previous challenges!  If you're looking for a wonderful list of challenges, check out this link.  I'm submitting for the GC67 "Go 3D" challenge.
 It felt good to finish up another project! Have you completed anything recently?

14 comments:

Sian said...

I'm loving the crackle effect. There used to be a "Paint Magic" shop here which gave classes in applying crackle effects to furniture - wow, must be nearly 20 years ago now I did that. Brilliant fun!

When I finish a project I think I might be too quick to start a new one - I need to leave it long enough to get that "finished feeling"

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I love the texture on this! Lovely!

Deb C said...

I just love how the scroll pattern shows through on the left.

I just recently completed a luminary project from club scrap, and I do love moving projects to the finished bin. Then, I can enjoy them!

debs14 said...

Leaving something half finished is a recipe for disaster for me, I need to complete something then and there before I move onto something else otherwise there is a distinct possibility it will NEVER get finished!

JO SOWERBY said...

i love that crackle paint effect. i use the tim holtz one but never seem to get a clear result. i think i'm being a bit stingy with the amount i apply. i am trying to get time to finish luke's birthday minibook but failing miserably.
Jo xxx

laurie said...

i love how this turned out!!! the crackle is a perfect finish for a venice piece. i really do need to finish some of the projects i have.

Alison said...

That picture looks so good against the crackle effect!
Alison

Denise said...

The crackle effect is amaing. I've never had luck with that,so I kind of don't try it anymore.I think I might need to use a lot more when I do it.I love the harlequin diamonds at the top too x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The photo stands out and the crackle looks like an old stucco building.

Debi said...

I love the colour and texture of this Wow !

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece! Love the textured background! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Gingersnapper's Choice Challenge!

Lizzie said...

Okay, so I'm having a "Catching up" session today...

Saw this picture and just said "Wow!". That just about sums it up, Rinda - it is WOW! Love the golden colours, with the greeny-blue key. Love the architectural, Venetian photograph, love the crackly, impasto effect of the paint, love the blended colours.... Well, just, "Wow" really!

trisha too said...

That sounds like a fun class, and this turned out fabulous!

I found your piece at the Gingersnap Creations Blue Moon Challenge!

:)

AJ said...

WOW, i love how the piece has turned out, absolutely BEAUTIFUL...