Friday, April 8, 2011

Weekend Inspiration

I'm off on a business trip to Jacksonville, Florida.  I've left my Sunday Scavenger Hunt to post while I'm gone, but in the meantime, I wanted to leave you with links to two posts that I find particularly inspiring.  Please do click on them and read them. It's worth your time. I promise:
Ali Edwards describing a typical day.  I love how she focuses on being engaged with whatever she is doing at the time, rather than worrying about being someplace else.  Also her discussion of fitting exercise into her life and how she throws laundry in almost every morning.  These things all really spoke to me.
Cathy Zielske describing her "Move More, Eat Less" philosophy.  This is what got me to really focus on ways to improve my health this year.  I don't have her journal or take part in her group, but I occasionally reread this post because it spoke to me on such a basic level - especially when she said that her main motivation was "I feel better all the time."  So true.
Enjoy the reading!
P.S. This weekend is also the home opener for the San Francisco Giants.  We're going on Sunday. Today's picture is me on Christmas morning with my present from the kids.  I'm planning to fly it on Sunday.

9 comments:

Alison said...

I love Ali Edwards too and found Cathy's post inspiring at this point on my weightloss journey! TFS
Alison xx

scrappyjacky said...

I love the way Ali documents the everyday....and all the different methods she uses to do it.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Thanks for the links, Rinda. Here's wishing you a safe trip to and from Florida!

Enjoy the game on Sunday! Go Giants! (unless they're playing the Diamondbacks and then you're on your own!) ;o)

Scrappy Grams said...

Have fun at the game! I love being at a baseball game, watching on TV-not so much.

Sian said...

Have a great trip :) I'm loving that happy Christmas morning photo

debs14 said...

Looks like they found you the perfect present! Have a safe trip.

humel said...

Great links, I loved both posts :-) Hope it's a great game, enjoy! xx

Carol Anne said...

Thanks for the links! I drilled down into the links Ali had on her post, and found a goldmine. Thanks for starting it all off!

laurie said...

enjoy your trip and thinks for the links to inspiration!