Saturday, January 14, 2012

And so it begins . . .

My son takes such joy in playing soccer - in whatever venue it takes.  This week, the regular high school season began, and I'm looking forward to a little of this:
And a lot of this:
It's going to be a tough season, as the boys moved up to a higher division after winning the championship last year.  But, regardless of what happens, I'm looking forward to spending time with this boy:
I love you, son.
************************************************************************
Weekly OLW Check-In.  Things slowed down, as I've been busy grading exams and helping the soccer team, but I did manage to:
1. Finish organizing and filing all my collage images - a big project that I'm glad to have done.
2. Reorganized/expanded my stamp storage and put away the big bag of stamps that had been accumulating for quite some time!  I hope to show you what I've done pretty soon.

8 comments:

Jane said...

this reminds me of my youngest son, you can't beat a good game of footie (soccer)

debs14 said...

When my son was at school he played for a local football team and the football season out here is between August and May. I used to enjoy going to watch him play on Sunday mornings in the warm, mild weather but on a damp, cold, miserable British winter's day, 90 minutes is a long time to stand on the touchlines in a muddy field! Not a problem for you I guess out in sunny USA!

Anonymous said...

Matt also loved soccer and was lucky enough to play on a couple of outstanding teams. When I see these photos of your son I wish I had had a lens that would have captured the action the way you have here. And I admit to a bit of sadness that it has all passed by. I loved the games and the social connections we had with all the other parents of the boys on the teams.

Sian said...

I hadn't thought of it until I read Deb's comment - but I'm guessing your weather would make watching a match a totally different experience! I'm looking forward to regular reports on their progress..

scrappyjacky said...

Yes....I should think your climate makes it much more fun being a spectator than ours does....good luck to Henry this season.

Lizzie said...

I honour your love for your DS Henry - he is a boy to be proud of, to be sure! I wish him and his team a great season, full of enjoyment and sportsmanship. I hope they win plenty - and that when they don't win, they can be magnanimous in defeat.
Enjoy being a spectator - you take some wonderful photos Rinda!

Irene said...

My two boys played soccer but were not good at it. I loved watching them play even though they lost most games. Now I take them to play music at school, church and other events. They are better musicians than athletes. Yes I have lots of pics of them playing only action pictures are a little blurry. Henry looks like a fine young man and is blessed to have a mom who loves him.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

That is great! I hope they do really well this season!