Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Thursday This and That

On Saturday, I had a great time playing in my art journals. I created this Frida page which I really like. The quote on the page reads "Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." I am definitely pulled to Mexican art influences, and it was fun to celebrate that in this page. 
The quote came from a postcard I received in Kat Sloma's Liberate Your Art postcard swap, which is about halfway done. I'll post all the cards I received during the blog hop scheduled for May 10.
A few other interesting things going on around blog land:
Sian is hosting a great big swap of very small things. You can sign up until the end of April. Check out the details here.
Ali Edwards is offering a free journaling class. You can sign up here. {fixed the link!}
Denthe posted this amazing step by step post of a painting she made. I would love to try to create in her style.
Jim Jams posted this fantastic list of quotes which she put into a mini album.
Someone who I don't recall posted a link to origrami, a fantastic looking company printing out instagram photos. I can't wait to try it out.
Last, but certainly not least, Jennifer Grace is hosting one of her amazing weekend blog event, featuring challenges, tutorials, a blog hop and lots and lots of prizes!!! The fun begins on May 10 and the spring theme is "Onward and Upward." You can read more about it here. Jennifer always does a great job with these, so it's well worth putting on your calendar.
And, from a musical standpoint, can I just say how much I'm lovin' Matt Nathanson (click here to see the video for Modern Love, set in San Francisco) and Allen Stone (click on the link and sample "Sleep" and "Contact High")!
Enjoy the links, and feel free to share any others that may be of interest. Also, if you know who posted about origrami, please let me know.


15 comments:

jane said...

Frida looks fantastic, and I love the quote :)

helena said...

great strong colours on your page

the link to Ali is not working

Amy said...

I have missed that Ali was taking a free class .. I'll have to check it out ... I haven't clicked on the link yet.

Miriam said...

Some great links, thanks Rinda. Wonderful colours in Frida

Anonymous said...

I'd missed a few of those links, including Ali's, so thanks for posting them.

Sian said...

I like it when you do Frida stuff :)

Thanks for the shout out. We have a goodly number of names now - we'll be going around the world in 50 swaps

Unknown said...

A great art journal page...I love all things Mexican...especially food!!! Thanks for the links, I'm off to check out that Ali Edwards class!! :D

Karen said...

I would love to see a show of Frida's work. We missed one in Philadelphia several years ago, and I'm still hoping we'll get to one some day. Thanks for the links. I signed up for Ali's class, and will look into Jennifer's class though Matt will be here that weekend, and it's our last weekend home before our trip.

scrappyjacky said...

Love the page,Rinda.
Thanks for the links....am really looking forward to Sian's swap.

Fiona@staring at the sea said...

A great art journal page. The skulls remind me of the ones on some fabric I bought last week. I think my friend Julia posted about Origrami a few days ago. Maybe that's where you saw it? I'll be checking out a few of your links. Thank you x

Jo Murray said...

Great links Rinda...thanks so much.

sky-blu-pink said...

This is so eye catching! Love Frida Kahlo's work -those Mexican colours always look amazing when you are used to Northern European cool sunlight.

Melissa said...

I'm all signed up for Sian's swap. Thanks for the link to Ali's class - I've just signed up for that, too.

Becky said...

Some great links, thanks. I am looking forward to Sian's swap and Jennifer's weekend :-)

Terry said...

Lovely art journal page. I will have to check out the links and hopefully I remember!!! Many thanks!