Friday, October 4, 2013

Becky was here, pt. 1: Henry

As I blogged about earlier (in this post), my friend, the amazing photographer Becky Ruppel came over to take some family portraits before Henry left for University.  I promised that I would share the results, and Becky has graciously given me permission to do so.  She took so many great photographs that I'm breaking them up into several posts.  This post will focus on the portraits she took of Henry (though the one of Clara and Henry, above, may be my favorite of the entire shoot).
This one is Paul's favorite. He likes photographs of people smiling. And Becky captured a perfect smile here.  Becky also took some fantastic photographs of a more serious Henry:
(Becky doesn't like the soft focus in this one, but I'm crazy about the colors and textures)
(I love Henry's expression and the background in this portrait)
Becky also took this portrait of Henry standing in the backyard (I love how she lighted it and how smart she was about posing this when she saw the soccer ball out back):
I think this last one may actually be my favorite. There's something about the little smirk on this face which captures him so well!
That's it for now. I'll share the ones featuring Clara and the ones of the whole family in future posts. But I am curious if you have a favorite out of this batch.  In particular, which one(s) would you order to frame and hang on the wall?

26 comments:

helena said...

so hard to pick a favourite as they all look fantastic - I think the last 2

Jo.C said...

They are brilliant and that is such a difficult decision. I'm with Paul as I think the smile is fab x

Ladkyis said...

Any one of them would look fantastic on a wall. I couldn't choose.

Karen said...

I agree that the first one is really special. Of Henry's, I'm with Paul. I love that smile!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh gosh, it would be so hard to choose - they are all fantastic shots. I think my favorite one is the last one with his sly grin. Gosh he's a handsome kid, Rinda. Can't wait to see more of Becky's photos!

Mommy2CVC said...

I love all of them, but my favorite to hang on the wall is the last one! Such a handsome nephew I have! :)

debs14 said...

The last one is fantastic but I also love the first one of him smiling.

Anne said...

Fabulous photos. I also prefer the smiling one. Your boy is so handsome ! xx

The Mann Fam said...

I absolutely love the one of Henry serious sitting on the dirt path that leads down the lane of trees. I love the monotone of the background. I love the thoughts it provokes of Henry's journey down a new path. I love the he is front and center, so to speak, sharp focus, in the foreground. I love the rays of light just behind his head.

I guess I'm odd in what I like according to the comments above.

Nice pictures.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Paul and prefer the one with the smile.

Mariana

Irene said...

I'm with Paul, that is a beautiful smile.

Becky said...

I agree with Paul, although I also like the last one too!

TB said...

they're all great! for me, the one of both of them and the smile

Missus Wookie said...

Oh different photos grab me for different things - I'd scrapbook a page about Henry and the future with that gorgeous shot of him on the path.

The others - I'd gather together into a collection of frames to give a many faces overview. That smirk shot and the one with the ball both seem to capture him at this just point in his life.

Jo Murray said...

Henry's a doll...and I like the soccer ball one. He looks casual...and cool.

scrappyjacky said...

They are all wonderful....I couldn't choose a favourite....but I do like that little smirk!!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I think I like the one second from the bottom best.

Melissa said...

The one of the two of them together is definitely a favorite, but I'm with Paul on the ones of Henry - definitely the smile for a wall portrait.

Miriam said...

Number four for me, I'll send my address for you to post it to me.... ;)
Henry is such a gorgeous looking young man Rinda.

Miriam said...

Number four for me, I'll send my address for you to post it to me.... ;)
Henry is such a gorgeous looking young man Rinda.

Abi said...

That last one is wonderful. He has such a lovely smile.

sky-blu-pink said...

I really like them all, but would choose the one in the garden with the football. Henry looks like a handsome young man about to embark on the next step to achieving his goals.

Linda said...

Love them all! Fabulous photos and thanks for sharing:)

alexa said...

What a delightful young man with character already shining through his face - she did him proud!

Jimjams said...

These are such beautiful photos Rinda - Becky has great talent and your kids have great style! Hope Henry is enjoying himself (and studying hard).

Anonymous said...

I know it's late but I really like the first one of him and the last one. Looking forward to seeing the rest.