Friday, November 29, 2013

Cross Country Stories: Logan

This is Logan, our top boys's runner. You might guess by looking at him that he's fast. And you'd be right.  In fact, he won every single race in the Peninsula Athletic League this season.
Here he is going through a victory tunnel created by his teammates to receive his first place medal at the league championship meet. What you might not be able to tell by the first photograph is how smart he is (his current gpa is 4.30). Or how beloved he is. But you can see that in this picture.
The cute blonde runner applauding is his girlfriend. I love the way she's looking at him.
And then there's this photograph, which captures the bond between a father and a son. And it's a very special bond because John is raising Logan on his own right now. A few years ago, Logan's mother Kim passed away from cancer. We've been friends with their family for years because Logan and Henry played baseball together. I remember speaking at Kim's memorial service, and I think of her every time I see Logan step up to receive an award.  When I look at this photograph, I almost feel her presence. I know she'll be with us in spirit this weekend cheering for Logan, as he makes her and everyone else in our community proud.
*********************************************************************************
My daughter Clara will be completing her first season of high school cross country this weekend when the team competes at the California State Cross Country Championships. She and I will be traveling with the team and staying for two days. To celebrate qualifying for State, I thought I would mark the weekend by posting a few cross country stories. I hope you enjoy them.

11 comments:

Amy said...

It looks like a really supporting and nurturing team Clara is in this year - good luck to them all this weekend.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great story! Glad the team is so supportive of one another!

debs14 said...

That last photo is so touching, how proud she would be of him.

Good luck for the weekend x

Jo Murray said...

A story that touches the heart Rinda. His mother would be so proud.

Becky said...

What a supportive group of young people and a very touching story.

Denise said...

I've loved reading your stories,and this one really touched my heart, you can feel the love and emotion through your words,she would indeed have been very proud xxx

Lou said...

your photos have captured the moment so well x

Karen said...

All beautiful photographs---how proud Logan's mother would be of him! Hope the weekend is going well.

Melissa said...

A great story about this young man & that is a wonderful photo of him with his dad!

Beverly said...

Congrats to Clara on such a great first season and finish! I love that last photo :)

Miriam said...

Such a beautiful post (and pictures) Rinda