Tuesday, January 6, 2015

It's Time to Pick the Post Cards!

Kat Sloma, over at Kat Eye Studio, hosts a wonderful post card swap every year. I've participated three times now (see all my related posts at this link), and I have always really enjoyed it. You send five post card and receive six in return - they include mixed media and photography. It's so much fun to get art in the mail! 
I also really enjoy perusing my photographs to decide which to include on my post cards. Here are the five that I have chosen for this year:
I find that it takes some effort to find photographs which I like and which I think will also look striking on a post card. I like this selection because each one will show well on a 4x6 post card and because it showcases the variety of different types of photography that I do. 
If you would like to participate in this year's swap, there's plenty of time. The post cards aren't due to Kat until March 14, 2015. You can read more about the swap here. Have you participated before? Are you going to play along this year? If so, have you chosen your design yet? Either way, let me know which of my selections is your favorite. I may just send you an extra!

13 comments:

helena said...

a great selection - its close but my favourite is the opening flower. I've taken part twice but not feeling enthused this year - I find the frustration that recipients do not acknowledge receipt negates the joy of sending and receiving

joy said...

I am taking part this year for the first time, I love your selection of photos, I haven't really decided what to submit yet. I think I might take some photos and PS them a bit, play around and see what I can come up with.
Joy x x

Beverly said...

Such a hard choice, you chose five great shots. I think the first is my favorite. I have been so absent from the blogging world I haven't seen the Winter Hunt so thanks for sharing the list and the link :)

Cheri said...

My favorite is the flower... but then, I'm a sucker for nature photography! Honestly they are all great shots. I haven't decided yet if I am playing along. I'm not convinced at all that I did anything spectacular with photography last year...

Mommy2CVC said...

The first is my favorite. I would love to see that with a quote hanging in my classroom. (Just saying.) :)

Scrappi Sandi said...

Love all those but the final one is my favourite! What do you write on the back of the postcards, I wonder....apart from the recipients address of course?!!

Sandie said...

I love your photography Rinda and U am lucky enough to have a couple of your photos that you once sent me. I love all these but the pink buds stand out, probably because it is dark and dull here and that splash of spring reminder made me smile. Thanks for posting about this, I will check it out and join it. I never know what to do with all the photos I take!!

Andria said...

I love your images, Rinda, and the lavender is lovely, but I'm especially drawn to the edginess of that second one with the dragon street art. Your recipients are lucky! :-)

alexa said...

These are all lovely - my favourite is your top one, with those wonderful verticals. I am sure these will give great pleasure ...

Miriam said...

The opening Aster is my favourite. Something bright with hope of spring. I won't join in this year because as Helena said I find the lack of commitment from some participants has a negative effect on me. I'll send six cards out with no expectation.

Melissa said...

Before I even read your post I thought this was a great collection showcasing the different types of photos you took last year! That fence one is my favorite, but I like them all.

Anonymous said...

What a great bunch you've chosen. My favourite is the tea cup one.

Sheila said...

These are all great! Hard to choose, but I think the flower bud is my favorite.

So glad you are taking part - this is always such fun :)